Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mrs. Bunny awoke this morning to the steady tromping of feet.  Always hoping that it is the UPS bunny coming to give her a present or perhaps a large prize of some sort, she ran outside in her nightgown and fur curlers only to see a long procession of marmots heading down the road.
Mr. Bunny was already up and having his coffee on the porch.
"Where do you suppose they are going?"  she asked.  "Why there must be a hundred!"
"With marmots one never knows,"  said Mr. Bunny with a sorry lack of curiosity for one who used to be a detective.
"Well, hop on over and ask them,"  said Mrs. Bunny.
"No, thank you,"  said Mr. Bunny.  "I try to keep my contact with marmots to a minimum."
"Then I am taking the smart car and finding out for myself," said Mrs. Bunny.
She leapt into it, curlers and all and gunned it.
"Some bunnies are are all squawk and no hop,"  she muttered to herself, naming no names.  "But I'll get to the bottom of this or my name is not Tootsiewig Bunny."
In fact, her name is NOT Tootsiewig Bunny but she has always wished it were.

STAY TUNED

2 comments:

  1. Marmot charity walk? Were there baby marmots in strollers? Were sports drinks in evidence? Dr. Scholl's gel pads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ms Ellis, what a vivid imagination you have! You could almost write your own books! Gel pads! On rabbits! Our paws are quite well-padded, I assure you. Why when I hop over the thirty seven hills to town in my peep toe pumps, I never feel the need of.....be back in a jiff - just going to take a little trip to Rabbitville's pharmacy to see if they carry any...scouring powder, yeah, scouring powder - that's the ticket.
    Yours in carrots,
    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete